Sunday, January 23, 2005

Handphone blues

...

i've been meaning to upgrade my handphone. Well, my 2 year (or rather, 21 month) contract with Singtel is up, and i'm eligible for one of those extension contracts which allows me to get a brand-new phone at a low price (which come to think of it, is pretty much like the price of our cars and houses in this sunny little island, overly inflated, but occasionally discounted to give the false impression of a good offer).

Was looking at a Siemens, Motorola, (and as of yesterday) or Panasonic handphone, but hadn't quite decided yet, since none of them were going for less than my ideal price of $50.

However, sitting here, munching on my night snack (yes, i'm on call again), i just replied to an SMS, and realised how badly scratched my current Nokia 6100 is. i went for a jog just now, and being my clumsy self, dropped the phone (again), and it took a good 4 or 5 bounces along the asphalt road. i didn't really have a good look at the damage then, as i wasn't wearing my specs, but now i can see that it definitely ain't as pretty as it was when i first got it.

If i do actually get a new phone, and a nice one at that, i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to take as good care of it as i should, or whether i'll be able to take the heartache of new scratches and cracks appearing everytime my fumbling fingers lose grip of the contraption.

hmm... maybe i should just fork out another 38 bucks and get a new 6100, since it works for me.

...

1 Comments:

Blogger Packrat said...

Get a Panasonic X68 or something. The clamshell phone that looks like it can take a lickin' and keep a-tickin'. Either that or the 2600 that's akin to the 3200. :) It's a VERY basic phone but it's quite hardy.

January 23, 2005 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home